Can you get a seat belt infraction for having your seat belt on but under your arm pit??

Asked about 2 years ago - Woodland, CA

I was pulled over for this.. I want to be sure I was in the wrong. I was sure that having it on an over your torso that you are still safely buckled

1. John M. Kaman

Pro

1

Answered . Yes you can; you were not wearing the seat belt in the fashion that was indtended.

2. Jeffrey Scott Bullard

Pro

1

Answered . Yes. Even if you were wearing it, if the cop could not SEE it then he/she will likely testify they saw you driving without a seat belt and unless you have video or pictures of the event as it took place, you will lose.

Wish I had better news but good luck.

...and the other advice is accurate too.