Can you get a restraining order for insults via e-mail only...if someone provokes that, can i still get in trouble for it.

San Diego, CA |
Filed under: Domestic violence

My ex mother in law called us form another country ( Europe ) and called me a who * e and claimed to my father that I have been with lots of men , just to insult him and me , after which my dad yelled at her , then he hung up on her by warned her against calling us again , after an hour or my dad was still so mad that he dictated an e - mail to me ( I typed it ) and told me to send it to my ex husband where he insulted his mom just like she did to us and warned my ex husband to not call us himself too . So even though the content of the email which was dictated by my dad , and typed by me clearly states in the subject line " from my father " ( so that he could know that it is from my dad and not me ) , and the content of the email started with " your mother just called us and insulted my daughter , Kristina ,

by saying that she's been around the block and is a who*re...then my dad adds a few insults (mild ones) to my ex husband and tells him not to call us too. So my ex husband no is using this email against me 9 months later lol to get a R.O., but wouldn't he supposed to be filing the R.O. against my dad then if it was from him. How is this a reason to get a R.O., including the time frame of the email from us. I guess they wanted us to thank them for their insults or something. My hearing is coming up and really appreciate an advice or a thought from you. Is this liable reason for me to get a R.O. based on insults or the judge will not grant a R.O. based on just this if there is nothing serious going on.

1. You need to lawyer up for so many reasons. First, there's a great deal missing here and if you step in front of the court, with an incomplete version of the facts you won't stand a chance. Many respectable attorneys provide a free consultation. My advice is to meet with one immediately because you will need to retain one soon.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

2. Stop the speculation and hire a locally experienced attorney to protect your rights.

Law Offices of David Shapiro 3555 4th Avenue San Diego, CA 92103 (619) 295-3555