Can you get a FELONY FLEEING TO ELUDE F3 drop to a misdemeanor. If its a strong case. and if its your first charge?

Tampa, FL |

this is my first charge and i hear that an F3 felony is an mandatory charge what can i do to get it drop to a misdemeanor.

1. Can you get it dropped? Possibly but it depends on the facts of the case, the prosecutor and your lawyer. Your best chance is to hire an experienced local criminal defense attorney. Feel free to call my office at 727.286.6141 to further discuss your case.
    Good luck,
    Www.BlakeDorstenLaw.com

2. Yes, it is possible, depending on the facts of the case. I recently convinced a Pinellas prosecutor to reduce a Fleeing to Elude to a misdemeanor Resisting Arrest Without Violence based on weak facts and lack of prior record. Feel free to call my office at (727) 538-4220 for a free consultation.

3. It really depends on the facts of the case. My firm offers free case consultations in these matters. My office is located in Tampa and can be reached at 813 830 2261. Good luck.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for informational purposes. The facts of each case are different and unique, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under attorney-client privilege, so that competent and quality advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions

4. Fleeing to Elude comes with a mandatory adjudication, which would make you a convicted felon. I can't stress enough how important it is for your future to have the State amend the charge.

I was recently a prosecutor at the Tampa office and I know what arguments they find compelling. Feel free to call anytime. (813) 282-8600. Best of luck.

5. All fleeing and eluding charges are subject to a conviction. The Statute mandates no withholding adjudication at all.
    There is no lesser included offense to this charge.
    Your best bet is secure a experienced criminal lawyer to negotiate this case for you to a possible amended charge of F.S. 316.072, a misdemeanor which is as follows:
    316.072 (3)-OBEDIENCE TO POLICE AND FIRE DEPARTMENT OFFICIALS.—It is unlawful and a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083, for any person willfully to fail or refuse to comply with any lawful order or direction of any law enforcement officer, traffic crash investigation officer as described in s. 316.640, traffic infraction enforcement officer as described in s. 316.640, or member of the fire department at the scene of a fire, rescue operation, or other emergency.

6. Many times, for first offenders, these will be reduced to avoid having first timers becoming convicted felons. Not only are the facts of your case important, but how you treated the officers involved and your prior driving record.

7. You may be able to get it reduced to a misdemeanor and maybe even get a withhold of adjudication. It's all about the facts and circumstances of your specific case. You can give me a call if you want to discuss the details.

The response above is intended for informational purposes only. The information provided is not intended to be, nor should it be interpreted as, legal advice or opinion. The reader should not consider this information to be an invitation to an attorney client relationship, should not rely on information presented here for any purpose, and should always seek the legal advice of counsel in the appropriate jurisdiction. Transmission and receipt of the information in this site and/or communication with me is not intended to solicit or create, and does not create, an attorney-client relationship between me and any person or entity.