Can you get a DUI on a skateboard in Oregon?

Portland, OR |

Can you be cited for dui skateboarding in Oregon?

I live in Oregon, and I skateboard. I know for a fact that you can get a DUI on a bike here in Portland as I know numerous people that have gotten a biking dui. However I would really like to know if I can get a DUI on a skateboard, as it’s my main means of transportation in OR, and I am turning 21 in exactly one month. Thanks

Yes, you can get a DUI with any ""vehicle"" in Oregon on public premises. So, if you've had too much to drink, WALK. If it's close enough to skate, it's close enough to walk. Plus, a buzzed walk goes by very quickly, and it's one of the joys of life.

Drunk skateboarding = injuries and hassles, not a joy of life.

In Maine the answer would be no because the "vehicle" needs to be motorized. You cannot get a DUI on a bicycle in Maine because there is no motor. Oregon law appears to be different. You should contact an Oregon DUI attorney.

My response to your question is a generic response and should not be construed as controlling to your case. I can not effectively advise about your case without knowing all the facts. Additionally, my response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You can contact my office to schedule an appointment if you would like to have me represent you.

If you can get a DUI on a bike, you probably can get one on a skateboard.

I don't know OR law. Neither do the CO or ME lawyers who responded.

Bunch of out of state attorneys rush to answer a question (and take all the points) that they cannot answer. Nice work fellas.

No attorney-client relationship is formed by this communication. Any recommendation/information given through Avvo should be considered only as opinion until an attorney-client relationship is created.

Orion Jacob Nessly

Orion Jacob Nessly

I marked this post because I was personally curious about the answer. Also, I'm sure the poster would like to get an answer from an Oregon DUII attorney. If you know the answer, would you post it?

Nathan Douglas Wente

Nathan Douglas Wente

I've never seen it but it appears the law could be applied to a skateboard

Nathan Douglas Wente

Nathan Douglas Wente

Jay Bodzin

Jay Bodzin

trollface.jpg

DUI topics