Can you get a DUI on a skateboard in Oregon?

Portland, OR |

Can you be cited for dui skateboarding in Oregon?

I live in Oregon, and I skateboard. I know for a fact that you can get a DUI on a bike here in Portland as I know numerous people that have gotten a biking dui. However I would really like to know if I can get a DUI on a skateboard, as it’s my main means of transportation in OR, and I am turning 21 in exactly one month. Thanks

Yes, you can get a DUI with any ""vehicle"" in Oregon on public premises. So, if you've had too much to drink, WALK. If it's close enough to skate, it's close enough to walk. Plus, a buzzed walk goes by very quickly, and it's one of the joys of life.

Drunk skateboarding = injuries and hassles, not a joy of life.

2. In Maine the answer would be no because the "vehicle" needs to be motorized. You cannot get a DUI on a bicycle in Maine because there is no motor. Oregon law appears to be different. You should contact an Oregon DUI attorney.

My response to your question is a generic response and should not be construed as controlling to your case. I can not effectively advise about your case without knowing all the facts. Additionally, my response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You can contact my office to schedule an appointment if you would like to have me represent you.

3. If you can get a DUI on a bike, you probably can get one on a skateboard.

4. I don't know OR law. Neither do the CO or ME lawyers who responded.

5. Bunch of out of state attorneys rush to answer a question (and take all the points) that they cannot answer. Nice work fellas.

No attorney-client relationship is formed by this communication. Any recommendation/information given through Avvo should be considered only as opinion until an attorney-client relationship is created.

DUI topics