Can you get a DUI on a skateboard in Oregon?

Asked over 2 years ago - Portland, OR

Can you be cited for dui skateboarding in Oregon?

I live in Oregon, and I skateboard. I know for a fact that you can get a DUI on a bike here in Portland as I know numerous people that have gotten a biking dui. However I would really like to know if I can get a DUI on a skateboard, as it’s my main means of transportation in OR, and I am turning 21 in exactly one month. Thanks

1. Richard E Oberdorfer

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, you can get a DUI with any ""vehicle"" in Oregon on public premises. So, if you've had too much to drink, WALK. If it's close enough to skate, it's close enough to walk. Plus, a buzzed walk goes by very quickly, and it's one of the joys of life.

Drunk skateboarding = injuries and hassles, not a joy of life.

2. Nathan Douglas Wente

Pro

1

Answered . Bunch of out of state attorneys rush to answer a question (and take all the points) that they cannot answer. Nice work fellas.

3. Robert C. LeBrasseur

Answered . In Maine the answer would be no because the "vehicle" needs to be motorized. You cannot get a DUI on a bicycle in Maine because there is no motor. Oregon law appears to be different. You should contact an Oregon DUI attorney.

4. James C Forslund

Answered . If you can get a DUI on a bike, you probably can get one on a skateboard.

5. Ted Harvatin

Pro

Answered . I don't know OR law. Neither do the CO or ME lawyers who responded.