Skip to main content

Can you get a 10 year green card with out the interview?

Palm Springs, CA |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

My friend had to leave the country for medical reasons. She is married and was legal here. Does she have to do the interview or can she do it somewhere out of the country? She is short on money to get back to US and lost passport.

Attorney Answers 1


Some people present such strong evidence of a bona fide marriage that the immigration services do not feel a need for interviews. No one here can opine whether your friend would be required to attend an interview as there are not enough facts in your post.

What your friend should look out for is being accused of having abandoned her legal permanent residency. On an LPR is outside the US, especially for long absences, the government may allege that the LPR is not maintaining residency in the US and may revoke the LPR's residency.

For these reasons, your friend should review her specific facts with her attorney.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics