Can you fly within the us if you have an arrest warrant

Newark, NJ |

arrest warrant

Unfortunately, there is no way to ensure that you will not be arrested on the warrant, without clearing the warrant. Most airport security checks are reserved for international flights, but that does not mean that an in-country flight could not be subjected to an enhanced security review at several different points. Similarly, you may do nothing to draw attention to yourself, but end up at a roadside checkpoint for motor vehicle purposes, and end up arrested on the warrant. I suggest you consult with an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice law in the State where the warrant was issued, to see what the alternatives are to leaving thye warrant open. Good luck.

While I do practice law in NJ, this information is offered for informational purposes only. It is not intended as legal advice and you should not rely upon it to decide how to resolve this issue. No Attorney-Client relationship is intended or established by this response. You are faced with a situation where you need to consult with an experienced defense lawyer admitted to practice law in NJ before you make any decisions as to how to resolve this issue.