Can you file workmans comp claim after being laid off?

Marysville, CA |

I have been laid off. Right before I was laid off I was going to go to the doctor for a lump on my left hand - I think it might be carpal tunnel related. But company laid me off - I had never reported it. I need to see a doctor but now I do not have medical. Can I still make a claim with the company? Can I have their doctor look at my hand?

If the accident occurred while on the job, she can bring a claim. Be careful regarding the statute of limitations in California. Since I am not a CA attorney, you should contact a local one to determine such.

It may not be too late to file a workers' compensation claim. Notify your former employer if you haven't done so already, and see the doctor as soon as possible. Find a local attorney and ask for an initial consultation. Don't delay - there are deadlines for filing a claim.

Recommended articles about Employment