Can you file for articles of incorporation without an attorney?

Jacksonville, FL |

I was looking at the advantages of filing for articles of incorporation vs. filing for an L.L.C, and I had questions over some of the articles of incorporation specifically how shares are issued, and if the incorporator needs to be an attorney.

In most cases a LLC can offer significant advantages in terms of asset protection and greater flexibility than a corporation. I would be happy to discuss these issues with you and which makes the most sense in your case. You can file the articles by yourself at but there are advantages in creating a company that will protect your assets and provide for management and guidance in the organization and operations of the firm.

David Goldman
Apple Law Firm PLLC
331 East Monroe Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202

Tel (904) 685-1200 Fax (904) 212-0678

Yes. You can file corporations and and limited liability companies through various services that do not require an attorney. However, the filings require that you answer numerous legal questions that can affect your liability and tax liability and I would always recommend that you speak to an attorney regarding entity selection (corps v. llc).

Good Luck

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business