Can you file bankruptcy on an unpaid credit card after you have received a judgment from the court?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Shreveport, LA

I have an unpaid credit card and I am unemployed. I have been sent a judgment from the court on this issue and I am wondering if it is too late to file bankruptcy on this or what can I do if i do not have the money to pay what the judgment says I have to pay.

1. Diane L Gruber

5

Answered . A judgment can be discharged in bankruptcy. Good luck.

2. Michael Avanesian

Pro

4

Answered . I agree. Just be sure to consult with an attorney so that they can make sure this is the right time for you.

3. Alan D. Walton

Pro

4

Answered . As long as the judgment did not result from a fraud claim, you should be ok to discharge the judgment in a bankruptcy. Talk to an attorney in LA to figure out if this makes sense for you.