Can you expunge a conviction for DWI/DUI in Washington (DC)?

Manassas, VA |

That's all

1. As I understand DC law, yes you may. I believe you must wait 10 years from the date of conviction before filing.

I am licensed to practice law in VA, not DC. As such, I may be unaware of certain local laws; therefore, my response may be wrong or irrelevant. Please use my response for informational purposes only and contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

James Garrett
    Garrett Law Group, PLC
    http://www.garrettlawgroup.com
    jd@garrettlawgroup.com
    (757) 422-4646 - 24 hour Service

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

2. I suggest that you consult with a DUI attorney who practices in DC. Best of luck.

Jasen Nielsen

3. This question should be directed to a Washington DC lawyer. They will have an appropriate answer for you. Good luck.

For More information about Attorney Pfeiffer see: http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/23452-va-stephen-pfeiffer-1817482.html The information contained in this message is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to be legal advice, nor is it a substitute for professional legal services. Wolcott Rivers Gates disclaims the formation of an attorney-client relationship by use of AVVO, and no such relationship exists unless and until a written Fee Agreement has been endorsed by Wolcott Rivers Gates and the client. Furthermore, given the public nature of this forum, there can be no expectation of privacy, confidentiality, privilege, or any other protection from disclosure.

DUI topics