Can you ever clear whats on your background record?

Asked about 4 years ago - Garland, TX

when companies does a background check does it only show your offense or does it give details on what your charge was and what you did. and can you ever get it off your record?

1. Cynthia Russell Henley

1

Best Answer

Answered . It shows the title off the offense (for example "theft") and the outcome (3 days in jail.) It does not provide the details of the offense. However, the company can pull up the file and if there is a sworn affidavit that was used to obtain the warrant, which provides details of the offense, they will have access to that. They do not have access to the offense report which has all of the details.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Your entire arrest and conviction record appears when an employer does a criminal background check. Each person's criminal background is different.

In Texas, under some circumstances, you may be able to have a criminal record expunged, which means that some parts of your record cleared up from criminal background checks.

Consider hiring a TX lawyer to assist you.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...