Can you counter sue when contesting a parking citation for legal expenses; discovery, time, parking fees in traffic court?

Henrico, VA |

Issued a bogus parking ticket (parking attendant gave an unwarranted citation to collect parking fees.) There is clear and convincing evidence that no law or ordinance was violated. Questioned attendant, couldn't give me reason for citation. However, I have to wasted much time and money to gather my prove -on top of - have to go to a court hearing to be found not guilty. As pro se, I want to be reimbursed for discovery time, court fees, parking fee, copies of material evidence and expenses for preparation of hearing. It has been a financial burden -money I would have never spent if I was not issued bogus citation. Can I request reimbursement from Judge in traffic court?

No.

Can I filed a separate pleading in civil court if I can prove parking attendant intentionally issued a bogus ticket?

No. Traffic court is not the place to attempt to recoup such costs.

This answer is my personal opinion and is offered for informational purposes only. This is not a legal opinion, legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Traffic tickets topics