Can you counter/deny plaintiff telephone hearing for small claim in pre-trial for credit debt

Asked 11 months ago - Clear Lake, IA

The plaintiff that I am going against requested and was successful to do a telephone hearing for Answer and Appearance court hearing date for small claim $2,600.

So, is it possible that I can file some court form and counter their claim, even though a judge approved it? If so how do I do it?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Thomas O. Moens

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . You cannot "deny" the order. I suppose you could try to file a motion, but the odds of success are very low, especially compared to the odds of annoying the judge.

    By the very nature of Avvo, you have only provided limited facts and no documentation, therefore, our response to... more
  2. Vincent Paul Tolisano

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . It depends on what type of answer the defendant makes.

    The answers given are not to be considered legal advice or the retention of an attorney. Every case is unique and... more
  3. Brendan Michael Kelly


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Get a lawyer to help you with this. All things are possible in court.

    Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one. We do this all the time, but remember that our... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,511 answers this week

2,936 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,511 answers this week

2,936 attorneys answering