Can you counter/deny plaintiff telephone hearing for small claim in pre-trial for credit debt

Asked 11 months ago - Clear Lake, IA

The plaintiff that I am going against requested and was successful to do a telephone hearing for Answer and Appearance court hearing date for small claim $2,600.

So, is it possible that I can file some court form and counter their claim, even though a judge approved it? If so how do I do it?

1. Thomas O. Moens

Answered . You cannot "deny" the order. I suppose you could try to file a motion, but the odds of success are very low, especially compared to the odds of annoying the judge.

2. Vincent Paul Tolisano

1

1

Answered . It depends on what type of answer the defendant makes.

3. Brendan Michael Kelly

Pro

1

Answered . Get a lawyer to help you with this. All things are possible in court.