Can you combine the spouse's income to the joint sponsor's income ? or should we get two joint sponsors ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lincoln, NE

My husband is disable and has some health issues, he makes very little money selling stuff online, he wants to file for me to get green card , he is a USC , we have been desperately looking for a joint sponsor but couldn't find someone who meets the criteria , i have two friends who make some money ,but to get above the poverty guideline we have to combine either both the joint sponsors' incomes, or my husband with one of them . Is that possible ? if no how to solve this without a joint sponsor? ,we rent an apartment and have an old car .

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . If you and your husband have been living in the same household for more than 6 months together, then your income can be taken into account as well.

If you'll still need a joint sponsor, his or her income can be added to your husband s income to qualify. You must, however only use one joint sponsor. Two cannot be used.

2. Brendan Michael Kelly

Pro

1

Answered . If you have been together for over 6 months then you can count your husband's income. You can also get a joint sponsor, but only one. We are happy to offer you a free initial consultation to talk about the case. Give us a call at 402-455-1711 to set up a time to talk. We have been in business for almost 25 years and fight hard for the people we represent.

3. Laura Justine Jacobson

2

Answered . If your husband does not make enough to be above the 125% poverty guidelines requirement, you can look for a friend who is willing to be a joint sponsor. If the joint sponsor's income together with your husband's is over the 125% mark, then you are good to go. USCIS's website has some good information about joint sponsors: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem....

4. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Your income can only be considered if your employment is authorized.