Can you cancel the I-485 application for a minor?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

What are steps to cancel I-485 and I-130 application for residency for minor

1. Stephen D. Berman

4

Answered . The minor can send them a letter asking to withdraw, and the I-130 petition can send a letter requesting to withdraw the petition.

2. Richard Manuel Loew

4

Answered . If the Petitioner withdraws the I-130 Petition, then the I-485 will be denied. If you are the Petitioner, you can only withdraw the I-130; you cannot "cancel" the I-485 because that was filed by the Beneficiary.

3. Jesus Novo III

1

Answered . The petitioner can withdraw the I-130 and then the guardian for the minor can withdraw the application for adjustment. It's a better idea to withdraw the application than to allow it to be denied.