Can you cancel a contract on a used car purchase due to undisclosed dealer fees, intimidation and harrassment at time of purchas

Asked over 2 years ago - Pompano Beach, FL

I recently purchased a used vehicle from a Toyota Dealership in FL. Following constant intimidation, harrassement and pressure, I ended signing the contract. I tried to return the vehicle the next day and cancel the contract but they laughed at me. What are my rights?

1. Stuart M. Address

Pro

Answered . It is difficult because you have to show undue duress or fraud. However, I have had about 50/50 success rate in taking the facts when I have good facts to work with and doing a demand letter to the dealer advising him that absent an amicable resolution, he would be sued for fraud, negligent misrepresentation, and perhaps even under Florida's Unfair & Deceptive Trade Practices Act. You should certainly contact an attorney in your area or my office if you would like to discuss your facts in more detail.