Can you cancel a contract on a used car purchase due to undisclosed dealer fees, intimidation and harrassment at time of purchas

Pompano Beach, FL |

I recently purchased a used vehicle from a Toyota Dealership in FL. Following constant intimidation, harrassement and pressure, I ended signing the contract. I tried to return the vehicle the next day and cancel the contract but they laughed at me. What are my rights?

It is difficult because you have to show undue duress or fraud. However, I have had about 50/50 success rate in taking the facts when I have good facts to work with and doing a demand letter to the dealer advising him that absent an amicable resolution, he would be sued for fraud, negligent misrepresentation, and perhaps even under Florida's Unfair & Deceptive Trade Practices Act. You should certainly contact an attorney in your area or my office if you would like to discuss your facts in more detail.

Lemon law topics