Can you build an apartment in a single family home in the basement without rezoning the home

Tacoma, WA |

The man behind me got a building permit to remodel his home but in fact built an apartment in his basement where his son and wife now live.Thats not the problem the problem is parking.Their is an easement beside my garage where i have parked my cars for 40 years.With his kid there he needs more room to get in and out not him the kid and wife now the battle begins.came out today and the owner has painted lines though my parking spot with orange paint.City doesn't know about apartment.any help?

You should re-post this question on the real estate forum.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes