Can you bring up the same errors, in the supreme court, as were denied in the appellate court?

If so, would you have to use different caselaw or a different slant?

49738 -

Find Out More

Attorney Answers (3)

Anne Whalen Gill

Anne Whalen Gill

Appeals Lawyer - Castle Rock, CO

You can raise the same errors, but you need to explain why the appelalte court's decision was wrong.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is advisable to consult with an attorney with... more
Ronald S. Pichlik

Ronald S. Pichlik

Criminal Defense Attorney - Battle Creek, MI

Yes, you can try to raise the same issues. In fact you would have some problems trying to raise new issues that weren't raised before. You can use the same caselaw.

Kyndra L. Mulder

Kyndra L. Mulder

Criminal Defense Attorney - Jacksonville, FL

1. Yes
2. No

The best approach is to respond according to the appellate court decision regarding the same issues.

Related Topics

Employment-based immigrant visas

Employment-based immigration visas are divided into five types of visas (EB-1 through EB-5), each of which have different requirements.

Featured Legal Guides

Randy Marvin Spiro

Changing a Beneficiary

by attorney

Request copy of old beneficiary form and a blank beneficiary form. Call the bank, broker, employer or insurance company and ask them to send you a... more

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.