Skip to main content

Can you bring up the same errors, in the supreme court, as were denied in the appellate court?

49738 |

If so, would you have to use different caselaw or a different slant?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    You can raise the same errors, but you need to explain why the appelalte court's decision was wrong.

    This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is advisable to consult with an attorney with full disclosure of relevant facts for a comprehensive leagl opinion.

  2. 1. Yes
    2. No

    The best approach is to respond according to the appellate court decision regarding the same issues.

  3. Yes, you can try to raise the same issues. In fact you would have some problems trying to raise new issues that weren't raised before. You can use the same caselaw.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics