Can you be required to repay a court appointed attorney?

Asked over 4 years ago - Katy, TX

My friend was in prison for 6 years and when he got out he has been required to make payments for his court appointed attorney as a part of his probation. Can they really hold that over his head? He is having a hard enough time just getting by and has a hard time even finding a job.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Rosario Stornello

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If your Friend went to prison for 6 years then he is on parole now. As a condition of parole he can be forced to make certain payments. Such payment can include court costs, court appointed attorney fees, restitution and fine, to mention a few.

  2. Mitchell Mead Wells

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . The court appointed attorney fee is part of the court costs if convicted of the offense for which the attorney was appointed to represent the defendant.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,781 answers this week

2,940 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,781 answers this week

2,940 attorneys answering