Can you be in section 8 If you're fixing papers?

El Paso, TX |

Im 29 my dad was.a US citizen. He past away when i was 9. I have been with my kids father for 11 years, but we're not married. I've been here in the US since I was a baby. What's the best way to go about fixing my papers?

If your significant other is a US citizen, he can sponsor you for a green card.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with Mr. Shusterman and will add that if your dad was a US citizen at birth or he naturalized before you were born, you may have a citizenship claim. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Was your dad born here or did he naturalize? Also when you arrived in the USA did you arrive legally or with any sort of visa?

My dad was born here. They brought me here as soon as my mom got out of the hospital. No visa was used.

Rebecca Saldana

Rebecca Saldana

what was your mothers legal status?

My mom and dad were married by common law. She's from Mexico as well. When my Dad past away they gave her a solcial security card. She would recieve survivors check.

Rebecca Saldana

Rebecca Saldana

is your father on your birth certificate?

Recommended articles about Immigration