Can you be forced to take a DNA to prove paternity of child if a male thinks that a child is his?

El Paso, TX |

The male in question has/had no idea of the child. I had told him about the pregnancy in the beginning but never confirmed that it was since i didnt know myself. he stated he wanted nothing to due with said child. i have spoken to him since i found i was pregnant. now almost a year and a half later he has asked questions about her. i have never asked for any support from him. the birth certificate has no fathers name since i wasnt sure who the father could be. Can i be forced by him to take a DNA test?

1. Yes, if he files a paternity lawsuit to establish he is the father. A judge will order you both to take a DNA test.

DISCLAIMER: Any information contained herein is intended for general informational purposes only. The information should not be construed as legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any response given does not result in any further obligation to provide an additional response. Seek competent legal counsel for advice on any legal matter.

Child custody topics