Can you be forced to take a DNA to prove paternity of child if a male thinks that a child is his?

El Paso, TX |

The male in question has/had no idea of the child. I had told him about the pregnancy in the beginning but never confirmed that it was since i didnt know myself. he stated he wanted nothing to due with said child. i have spoken to him since i found i was pregnant. now almost a year and a half later he has asked questions about her. i have never asked for any support from him. the birth certificate has no fathers name since i wasnt sure who the father could be. Can i be forced by him to take a DNA test?

Yes, if he files a paternity lawsuit to establish he is the father. A judge will order you both to take a DNA test.

DISCLAIMER: Any information contained herein is intended for general informational purposes only. The information should not be construed as legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any response given does not result in any further obligation to provide an additional response. Seek competent legal counsel for advice on any legal matter.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody