Can you be expedited from Florida to South Carolina for a felony warrant?

Asked about 4 years ago - Murrells Inlet, SC

If someone is in Florida and they have a felony warrant and they are arrested will the state of South Carolina come get them?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. William C. Head


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . The word is EXTRADITED. And, yes, you can be extradited from any state to another for a warrant on felony charges. It is also POSSIBLE to be held and later extradited for a misdemeanor, but is rarely done, due to shortage of police personnel and cost factors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,433 answers this week

2,749 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,433 answers this week

2,749 attorneys answering