Skip to main content

Can you be expedited for a warrant if you have left the state you was arrested in....misdameanor

Brookfield, MO |

can you be expedited for a misdameanor if you left the state you have a warrant in?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


There are not enough details to provide an accurate answer. You should visit an attorney in your area to discuss the issue with him or her. Obviously, you should not flee a state to avoid prosecution, especially for a misdemeanor. You will continue to have a warrant out for your arrest, and everytime you have a run-in with the law, you risk them running your name and seeing the warrant. Potentially, the same thing can take place with potential employers who run background checks. Also, if police in your new town know you have an active warrant, they can basically run you in any time they feel like it. As for getting pulled back to the other state for prosecution, many times this will not happen for a misdemeanor due to the costs involved in transporting you back. However, a jurisdiction always has that option.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer