Can you be convicted in the state of WV for public intoxication the officers sited you arrested you and let you go w/o any test?

Terra Alta, WV |

State officers accompanied a tow truck to a county road where my girl friend swerved to miss a deer and got my car stuck in a ditch. When met by the officers they said they smelled the presence of alcohol on me and asked why I was in the woods when they arrived. I told them there was no bathrooms readily available so I went away from the road to urinate. I slipped on uneven grounding when exiting the woods and they placed me under arrest for public intoxication. They then issued a citation for public intoxication w/o any tests to prove I was above the legal limit for citing and then let me go. On the citation they wrote I admitted to drinking earlier and had trouble standing. Will this hold up in court?

It can. This is why you need to retain counsel.

It can, yes. But the lack of any testing will make it difficult on the prosecution. -assuming there is a well trained, experienced DUI defense attorney beside you. Sincerely, Harley O. Wagner, Esq. - WestVirginiaDUILawyers.com -- ps: P.I. is a criminal charge that if convicted upon will remain on your record for life.