Can you be arrested without a document stating you have a warrant for your arrest?

Pearland, TX |

I was arrested Monday night at 11:30 p.m. The officer said he had a warrant for my arrest for credit card abuse of which I have no knowledge of. The officer didn't even have documentation and didnt have details and I still don't know how or why this happened. How is this possible?

The officer arresting you need not show you any documentation. You need to hire a lawyer to represent you. The lawyer will have access to the reports on the case to determine the basis of the allegations against you. Perhaps you are a victim of identification fraud.

Cynthia Henley
    713-222-1220

2. happens all the time. you will get the details when you go to court

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit http://www.sainjurylawyer.com or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit http://www.giardinolawfirm.com. Good luck!

3. The officer doesn't have to show you a copy of the arrest warrant. When you are in custody, you are arraigned and informed of the charges by a magistrate. At this point, you need to hire a defense attorney. She will go through the discovery process and will be able to explain to you how the State is trying to make its case.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.