Can you ask a judge for a dismissal for a custody hearing if the person filing hasn't established residency in that County?

Asked 12 months ago - San Diego, CA

My ex moved, we were never married and moved from San Diego County to Placer county and has filed for Full custody. he hasn't lived there for 6 months and my child has never lived there. Can i ask the judge for a dismissal on those grounds?

1. Edna Carroll Straus

4

Answered . You asked this question earlier. Jurisdiction would probably be proper in San Diego, but now tbat he has filed you are going to have to respond in Placer County.

2. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

3

Answered . Is there any earlier custody order or judgment? Did anyone ever file anything pertaining to the child with any court before this case?

3. Wail Sarieh

Pro

2

Answered . The required period for the county residency is 3 month; the 6 month is for California residency. You can file a motion to change venue but you cannot simply ask the judge to dismiss the hearing.