Can you apply for asylum if you ran from your country because you was a suspect in a murder?

Asked about 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

I ran from my country because they are trying to pin a murder on me that i didnt not commit. The murder involves police officers and polictians. I made it saf to the U.S but a few days after I made it here was picked up by Immigration saying my Visa was revoke 2 days after entry. Is there anything I can do? I have a hearing this coming monday.

1. Robert C. Keller

11

1

Answered . This is an immigration question and needs to be redirected to an attorney with expertise in this area of the law. Do not go into that hearing without a lawyer.

2. Michael Lawrence Doyle

9

1

Answered . This should be addressed to an immigration attorney and it would be much better to sit down with them and discuss it rather than posting online.

3. Alice Antonovsky

10

1

Answered . It depends on the details of the situation. In order to get the best possible advice, you need to schedule a private consultation with an immigration attorney, who will listen to your situation and advise you whether or not you have a claim for asylum. Good Luck.

4. Frank Mascagni III

8

1

Answered . I edited your practice area of CRIMINAL DEFENSE to IMMIGRATION so more avvo lawyers might see your post and respond. You need an experienced immigration lawyer ASAP. Call several over the weekend and retain one to represent you ASAP. Use this site for avvo lawyers that practice immigration law in your area.

5. Chad Michael Brandt

Pro

7

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues here. You need to consult an experienced immigration attorney. At Brandt immigration we have over 25 years combined experience successfully representing immigrants seeking to obtain asylum.

Chad M. Brandt
    407-545-2534
    Brandt Immigration
    www.brandtimmigration.com
    Info@brandtimmigration.com

6. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

4

1

Answered . You are facing a very serious allegation and you absolutely need help from a very experienced immigration attorney now. Yes you can apply for asylum, but it may not be approved and you must meet high burdens of proof.