Skip to main content

Can you apply for asylum if you ran from your country because you was a suspect in a murder?

Philadelphia, PA |

I ran from my country because they are trying to pin a murder on me that i didnt not commit. The murder involves police officers and polictians. I made it saf to the U.S but a few days after I made it here was picked up by Immigration saying my Visa was revoke 2 days after entry. Is there anything I can do? I have a hearing this coming monday.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. This is an immigration question and needs to be redirected to an attorney with expertise in this area of the law. Do not go into that hearing without a lawyer.

  2. This should be addressed to an immigration attorney and it would be much better to sit down with them and discuss it rather than posting online.

  3. I edited your practice area of CRIMINAL DEFENSE to IMMIGRATION so more avvo lawyers might see your post and respond. You need an experienced immigration lawyer ASAP. Call several over the weekend and retain one to represent you ASAP. Use this site for avvo lawyers that practice immigration law in your area.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

  4. It depends on the details of the situation. In order to get the best possible advice, you need to schedule a private consultation with an immigration attorney, who will listen to your situation and advise you whether or not you have a claim for asylum. Good Luck.

    The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (718) 924-2896.

  5. I agree with my colleagues here. You need to consult an experienced immigration attorney. At Brandt immigration we have over 25 years combined experience successfully representing immigrants seeking to obtain asylum.

    Chad M. Brandt
    Brandt Immigration

  6. You are facing a very serious allegation and you absolutely need help from a very experienced immigration attorney now. Yes you can apply for asylum, but it may not be approved and you must meet high burdens of proof.

    The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics