Can you appeal probation while being on it? or request a new p.o i got a good job and probation is causing me to be miss work

Cincinnati, OH |

i might lose my job cause my po always wants me to show up and all she ever ask me is anything changed i have to take off work 4 times a week to see her or take drug test i have money to pay if there is a way i can get off probation

1. You can file an appeal while on probation, but there is still a 30 day deadline for the notice of appeal. Your attorney could also file a motion to modify your probation at any time, which would also have a greater chance of success than an appeal.

2. You clearly need to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area to explore what avenues may be open to you. I assume you have addressed this with your PO. If you have not, that would be a good place to start, if you do it diplomatically.

3. An appeal is most likely not what you are wanting to do. You most likely want to hire an attorney to file a Motion to Terminate Probation or a Motion to modify the terms of probation. These are all possible but are at the discretion of the Judge. I suggest hiring an attorney who can start getting together paperwork to show that you are working and trying very hard to be successful and the terms are conflicting with that. Many judges understand that finding a job in this economy is very difficult and don't want to be the cause of you losing it. Hire an attorney to help. Good luck.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner