Can you appeal probation while being on it? or request a new p.o i got a good job and probation is causing me to be miss work

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cincinnati, OH

i might lose my job cause my po always wants me to show up and all she ever ask me is anything changed i have to take off work 4 times a week to see her or take drug test i have money to pay if there is a way i can get off probation

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . An appeal is most likely not what you are wanting to do. You most likely want to hire an attorney to file a Motion to Terminate Probation or a Motion to modify the terms of probation. These are all possible but are at the discretion of the Judge. I suggest hiring an attorney who can start getting together paperwork to show that you are working and trying very hard to be successful and the terms are conflicting with that. Many judges understand that finding a job in this economy is very difficult and don't want to be the cause of you losing it. Hire an attorney to help. Good luck.

    Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio
    (937)510-6110 phone

    The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client... more
  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You can file an appeal while on probation, but there is still a 30 day deadline for the notice of appeal. Your attorney could also file a motion to modify your probation at any time, which would also have a greater chance of success than an appeal.

  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You clearly need to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area to explore what avenues may be open to you. I assume you have addressed this with your PO. If you have not, that would be a good place to start, if you do it diplomatically.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,168 answers this week

3,640 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,168 answers this week

3,640 attorneys answering