Can you a file for a lawsuit if a manager denied you the right to achieve personal growth in a corporate restaurant?

Parsippany, NJ |

I was a server at Pane vino Restaurant which is corporate owned by The Patina Restaurant Group . I was fired due to a miscommunication between a manager and I about a shift . The Head Manager never gave me a fair chance to achieve my maximum growth . The Handbook clearly states that each team members has a chance to achieve personal growth and should always keep a positive attitude . I never seen a manager so miserable at work and who used such demeaning words towards me and other employees . It got to the point that I was scared to even ask a question because i knew i was just going to get belittled and treated like a child . Which I am clearly not a child nor do I need to me treated or spoke to like one . I may only be 25 but I been through a lot and I know something needs to be done

1. Being treated unfairly at work is not illegal, unless it is based on your race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability or some other protected characteristic. If you believe that is so, you should consult with an attorney to determine your best course of action.

The information provided above is for general purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. Seek competent legal representation, because the facts of each case are different.

2. The world is full of rude, condescending managers who never have or will give a thought to the needs or personal potential of the employees who report to him/her. You will have to get used to that. The law does not redress these circumstances unless you have evidence to establish that the conduct is based on a prohibited ground of bias such as race, religion, etc.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.

3. Because you have a handbook you need a consultation to review if your employer violated its terms. "Chance to achieve personal growth" is vague, however, in the entirety of relating your facts there may be a violation or not.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.