Can you a file for a lawsuit if a manager denied you the right to achieve personal growth in a corporate restaurant?

Asked over 1 year ago - Parsippany, NJ

I was a server at Pane vino Restaurant which is corporate owned by The Patina Restaurant Group . I was fired due to a miscommunication between a manager and I about a shift . The Head Manager never gave me a fair chance to achieve my maximum growth . The Handbook clearly states that each team members has a chance to achieve personal growth and should always keep a positive attitude . I never seen a manager so miserable at work and who used such demeaning words towards me and other employees . It got to the point that I was scared to even ask a question because i knew i was just going to get belittled and treated like a child . Which I am clearly not a child nor do I need to me treated or spoke to like one . I may only be 25 but I been through a lot and I know something needs to be done

1. Alix R. Rubin

5

Answered . Being treated unfairly at work is not illegal, unless it is based on your race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability or some other protected characteristic. If you believe that is so, you should consult with an attorney to determine your best course of action.

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

5

Answered . The world is full of rude, condescending managers who never have or will give a thought to the needs or personal potential of the employees who report to him/her. You will have to get used to that. The law does not redress these circumstances unless you have evidence to establish that the conduct is based on a prohibited ground of bias such as race, religion, etc.

3. Yolanda Navarrete

3

Answered . Because you have a handbook you need a consultation to review if your employer violated its terms. "Chance to achieve personal growth" is vague, however, in the entirety of relating your facts there may be a violation or not.