Can you live in a one bedroom apt with a child

Havertown, PA |

My ex husband is loosing his house and he is moving into a one bedroom apartment with my 12 year old son. My son gets the room and his dad is going to make a sleeping area in the living room. His father has 50/50 custody.- Can he do that?

1. Sure. It's not an ideal situation, granted, but the court recognized that not everyone can afford a two bedroom place.

Be sure to click Best Answer if you found this helpful. Disclaimer: Please note that this response does not in any way an attorney-client relationship between Kathryn L. Hilbush and the recipient. My responses are general in nature. They do not constitute legal advice. You are advised to consult an attorney regarding this and any other legal matters.

2. Yes. He can have those types of living arrangements. Your son will have his own room. It may not be the best situation, but he is providing your son with adequate living arrangements.

This answer is for informational purposes only. It does not establish an attorney client relationship.

3. Poor people can be good parents, too. If it affects your child adversely in some way, you could make an argument for custody modification.