Can you bring a lawsuit for defamation of character? When you have maliciously accused of drugs ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Salt Lake City, UT

I would like to bring lawsuit for somebody malicious spreading rumors causing emotional and mental harm by drugs accusation. Then planting flour/sugar in my garbage, telling management about drugs. management didn't respond right away after I went and took drug test . Negative.Never called in to ask me.. The police stood up for me when the investigated as false report. Conituned to harassment via text till police confronted them. Terrified to leave my apartment cos Mgr didn't change lock as requested. Missed classes. Change my routine cos of confrontation.So much stress. Scared to take my kidney medicine cos don't know what else to think. Got really sick after that. Moved out.

1. 3

Answered . It looks like you did the best thing by moving out, so this does not happen again. You can use Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool to find a lawyer in your city to discuss all the issues in detail.