Can workman's comp be in trouble for lying?

Workamn's comp has been procrastinating giving me an MRI as my chirpractor believes i have a herniated disc in my back. They recently lied to him saying they spoke to me and that I said I would handle the situation myself, but that never happend. I never even received a phone call and can get phone records to prove it.

Buffalo, NY -

Craig A. Post

Craig A. Post

Personal Injury Lawyer - Spring Valley, NY

Probably not. Please consider hiring a compensation attorney in your area to handle your claim going forward. It is your best protection from what can be a difficult process to navigate.

Sponsored Listing
George Ellis Corson IV

George Ellis Corson IV

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Orange, CA

That is called Hearsay. You were probably not a witness to any conversation between the Chiro and Adjuster. The discussion, in the end, is probably of very little importance. The issue will be whether the MRI was requested by a proper person, whether it is medically necessary, and whether it was provided. And why would you be with a Chiro if he thinks you have herniated disk? He cannot fix that....

Rafael Omar Gomez

Rafael Omar Gomez

Employment / Labor Attorney - Buffalo, NY

This is a complicated issue which will need to be investigated to determine your proper course of action. It is important to have an attorney handle your workers compensation case so that these types of matters can be addressed directly with the insurance company and the compensation board if necessary. I am available for a free consultation if you would like more information on how to handle this matter.

Sponsored Listing
Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Charlotte, NC

You need a workers' comp lawyer and a spine specialist such as a neurosurgeon.

The chiro is not the right kind of doctor to see for a herniated disk.

If you continue without a lawyer, and seeing a chiro, then your situation is likely to just get worse and worse.

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

Speeding / Traffic Ticket Lawyer

No

Andrew Daniel Myers

Andrew Daniel Myers

Personal Injury Lawyer - North Andover, MA

Workers compensation claims are subject to high intensity micromanagement by insurance companies. Adjusters want to do anything they can to get people off comp as quickly as possible. Have your attorney handle this. If you do not have a workers compensation attorney, now is the time to bring an experienced workers compensation attorney on board if you are serious about your case.

Click on the Blue Link Below for More Information:

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.