Can we use a military pension, for to be sponsor in the I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act?

Miami, FL |

I am applying for adjustment of status, if my husband receives a military pension, which exceeds the limits of poverty that requires immigration for to be a sponsor in the form I-864, can we use it as his income? I understand that is government benefit but it is our family income also. Thank you!

Yes. A military pension is not a government benefit. It is a reward
    for service duly noted and is like any other taxable income.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation.

2. Yes,m you can use your pension

www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

3. Yes. I've done it before.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.