Can we transfer my daughters 3 year probation from NY to FL she already did 1year 6 months we have moved ?

Merrick, NY |

she has a 3 year probation with breath azyer trying to transfer or get off early is it at all possible

1. Yes, you can transfer her supervision to Florida. You can also make a motion to the sentencing judge for early termination of probation

2. You have to speak to probation about this.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. Information regarding the New York State Probation Interstate Compact can be found at the link provided below.

The information provided is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to legal issues commonly encountered. The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. I make no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information. You should not act or rely on any information at above without seeking the advice of an attorney. The determination of whether you need legal services and your choice of a lawyer are very important matters that should not be based on websites or advertisement

4. Transferring misd probation used to be state to state specific. But recent changes have now made transferring probation especially difficult if not impossible. Felony probation is the only transferable situation in today's climate. But her best bet is to discuss with probation submitting an early termination to the court since she has been on probation for 18 months I assume without any issues. If she violated in any way that will hamper that request most likely. Or consult/hire an attorney to help with the motion to the court if probation says no or it's not up to them.

5. It is possible, but difficult. If she has been successful on probation thus far (meaning no violations) she may be able to be released early. She should discuss her options with her probation officer.