Can we transfer my daughters 3 year probation from NY to FL she already did 1year 6 months we have moved ?

Asked 7 months ago - Merrick, NY

she has a 3 year probation with breath azyer trying to transfer or get off early is it at all possible

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Robert F. Schalk

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Transferring misd probation used to be state to state specific. But recent changes have now made transferring probation especially difficult if not impossible. Felony probation is the only transferable situation in today's climate. But her best bet is to discuss with probation submitting an early termination to the court since she has been on probation for 18 months I assume without any issues. If she violated in any way that will hamper that request most likely. Or consult/hire an attorney to help with the motion to the court if probation says no or it's not up to them.

  2. George Peter Conway

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Information regarding the New York State Probation Interstate Compact can be found at the link provided below.

    The information provided is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to... more
  3. Michael David Elbert

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Yes, you can transfer her supervision to Florida. You can also make a motion to the sentencing judge for early termination of probation

  4. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You have to speak to probation about this.

    The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal... more
  5. Nikole M Wynn

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . It is possible, but difficult. If she has been successful on probation thus far (meaning no violations) she may be able to be released early. She should discuss her options with her probation officer.

Related Topics

DUI: An overview

The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,834 answers this week

2,942 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,834 answers this week

2,942 attorneys answering