Skip to main content

Can we take action towards a Bank for improperly processing a charge dispute?

Los Angeles, CA |

I was charged and extra charge from a hospital. The full hospital fee was paid in full prior to leaving. The extra charge was charged back on our end since the full medical fee was paid, but the hospital disputed the chargeback

The hospital provided the receipt as "proof". This receipt was a transaction we had to sign just to get the patient into the hospital and should have been canceled.We provided the bank with the documentation indicating the full medical bill (the same documents provided to the bank by the hospital to justify their claim) and the full payment of the medical bill.

The bank is indicating that the evidence is not enough to make a claim. To make it worse, the hospital is attempting to justify the change using a invoice of a completely different patient.

What can I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If the hospital is attempting to justify a charge based upon an invoice for a different patient, then you should consider seeking a determination from a court. You are not stuck with the bank/hospital's determination. However, whether you chose to go to court depends on many factors, including the size of the bill. If it is not more than the jurisdictional limit of the small claims court, $5,000 for corporations and $10,000 for individuals, you should strongly consider filing in small claims, because it is much faster and cheaper than regular court. You can obtain more information at the link below:

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer