Can we sue our school/ school district for lack of Supervision and putting a child in danger.

Sparta, NJ |

Today our son's (6 years old) school shut down early due to a possible snow storm, the school neglected to reach either of us at work. Our cell, work phone number and email is on school records. The school let out 1:15 ahead from 3:15. Our son who is not a bus rider was advised by a school official to take the bus. The bus driver reached the drop off area and released him with no parent supervision. It was 28-32 degrees out all day not to mention snow and ice falling. Ironically there was a car accident on the street which required the parties involved to step outside and assess the accident. Our son was heard crying and brought to safety until we arrived at home at 5 pm. He spent 2 hours in below freezing weather and cried until he was safe. What can we do about this?

1. The school would be liable for any damages your child has suffered.

Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.