Can we retrieve a vehicle damage claim from both cars that where at fault?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fredericksburg, VA

My son was hit by two cars here in Va. One car was trying to go around the car behind my sons car. My son was at a stand still waiting to turn on our street. Once car number 2 couldn't pass in a non passing zone, he hit my son and car 3 then slammed into the back of my sons car. Sending my sons car sailing down passed the intended street he was turning on. At this point one ins wants to pay out and the other wants dibs on that payout. Car 3 totaled the car while car 2 wants to spilt the payout.

1. James Donald Garrett

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . The answer to your question is yes, but you or your son should not be communicating with the insurance companies without representation. Any settlement they are offering is more than likely a fraction of what is appropriate.

Talk to a lawyer; it's free (if it's not contact another lawyer).

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

Pro

6

1

Answered . If he was injured, he should retain a personal injury lawyer, if not, the insurance will cover the repair.

3. Tatiana Kadetskaya

5

Answered . Yes, retain a lawyer to handle this.