Can we publish a dismissed lawsuit against an attorney who stole money from our escrow and the judicial system covered it up

Rye, NY |

can we publish a dismissed lawsuit against an attorney who stole money from our escrow and the judicial system in our area has covered it up

1. Court records are generally public. I don't udnerstand what you exactly want to do. Be careful you don't set yourself up for a defemation lawsuit.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. The disciplinary committees are very diligent about investigating allegations of stolen escrow funds. A claim of outright theft is unlikley to be dismissed if there are any facts at all to back it up. Something doesn't add up here. Before you try to publish your claims and risk a defamation lawsuit, why not post some concrete facts here on Avvo and ask for comments. It's anonymous and if you don't mention names of those whom you are accusing, you will not face any exposure for defamation.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.