Can we petition my husband's parents to come to the US? When is the best time for my husband to file for naturalization?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Berkeley, CA

My husband is a green card holder and has been a permanent resident for a year already. I am a US Citizen. I want to know if it's faster to file the petition before he gets his naturalization, some tell me this is the best route to go. Also, I know that we can file for naturalization when it is his 3rd anniversary as a permanent resident, but can we send forms and documents before then,to make the process faster?

1. Haroen Calehr

Pro

4

Answered . NO. He cannot sponsor his parents until he becomes a naturalized citizen. He can file for his application 3 months prior to the 3rd year anniversary of the marriage. You both should hire competent immigration counsel like my self or other colleagues, good luck.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Your husband must first be a US citizen in order to petition his parents.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues:

1. He can't petition for them now
    2. He can file for naturalization 90 days before he's had his LPR status for 3 years.