Can we marry? Can he get in trouble if we do?...or don't?

Albuquerque, NM |

I am 16 emancipated minor from Michigan and pregnant by a 31-year-old. I am a senior in college, so he thought I was 21. Can he get into legal trouble for getting me pregnant?( I was 15 3/4 years when he got me pregnant). Will it make a difference if we marry before the baby is born? I have no contact with my bio parents do to abuse.

1. He can get in trouble, since you were having sex before the legal age of consent, which is 16. He committed statutory rape. I suggest you talk to a criminal lawyer about what would be best.

I am licensed in Pennsylvania. Members of my firm are licensed in various states, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. We handle cases involving personal injury (car accidents slip and falls, etc.,) medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, workers' compensation and social security disability. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance.

Child custody topics