Skip to main content

Can we go to any one of Taxpayer Assistance Center Locations Where In-Person Document Verification is Provided (out of our state

Dublin, OH |
Filed under: US visas

I'm on h4. I'M from Dublin OH. I need to apply for ITIN . As i'm not in a position to sent original passport & visa, I would like to go Taxpayer Assistance Center Locations Where In-Person Document Verification is Provided. In the following link
i saw that Effective January 31, 2013 Participating TAC locations will begin verifying passports and national ID cards for Individual ITIN Applications. But I could not found any place of ohio is in the Participating TAC locations list of irs website in the following link

but near to ohio one of the location is indianapolis in indiana state. so can i go there for In -person verification

Attorney Answers 3


You should talk to a tax attorney ot determine the requirements.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleage. This question is more for a tax lawyer or accountant.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You may want to consult with a tax attorney.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics