Can we get US tourist visa for an Indian Citizen who is in UK (in visitor visa for UK)

Wilmington, DE |

My mother is an Indian Citizen who is currently with my sister in Scotland under visitor visa. Her visa expires in March and I would like to invite her directly to the US. My husband can sponsor her. Is it possible to get US visa while staying in Scotland under visitor visa ther.

It is possible, but the preferred place is the home country. The second best option is the country of last residence.

There is no harm in applying for a visitor visa at a U.S. Consulate in the U.K. At worst, the Consulate will not issue it and indicate that your mother should apply in India.

You should visit the U.S. Embassy website in Scotland and/or UK regarding applying for visas.

Mr. Asatrian's practice is dedicated to the area of immigration and nationality law. Please note the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such by anyone. It should not be relied upon as legal advice as more specific facts, research and analysis may be required to formulate a proper strategy and action in your matter. Please note this does not create an attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to review your matter thoroughly and gather all of the necessary information and documentation to provide you with the best possible legal solution.

Yes, this is certainly possible.

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational purposes and does not take the place of a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

The family members may apply for a solely discretionary non immigrant visa at the closest U.S. Consulate Visa Section on merits, however, the applicants must satisfy requirements of close ties to the homeland country, India in this case, and financial sustainability not to trigger a preconceived immigration intent.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois