Can we filed a lawsuit against cps in Kentucky if we live in another state?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Frankfort, KY

The issue happened in Kentucky with cps. Yes, we do have grounds of suing them.
We have since moved out of the state due to harassment and fear of our children being taken away again.
Do we have to hold and maintain a Kentucky address to filed the lawsuit?

We are also looking for an Attorney to assist in filing a federal lawsuit against them. Want the paper work done correctly!
If you would be interest, Please let me know in your reply!
Thank You!
KJL

1. 3

1

Answered . Yes, you can still file the lawsuit. You can use Avvo's "Find a Lawyer" feature above to find an attorney who, unlike me, is licensed to practice in Kentucky.