Can we filed a lawsuit against cps in Kentucky if we live in another state?

Frankfort, KY |

The issue happened in Kentucky with cps. Yes, we do have grounds of suing them.
We have since moved out of the state due to harassment and fear of our children being taken away again.
Do we have to hold and maintain a Kentucky address to filed the lawsuit?

We are also looking for an Attorney to assist in filing a federal lawsuit against them. Want the paper work done correctly!
If you would be interest, Please let me know in your reply!
Thank You!
KJL

Yes, you can still file the lawsuit. You can use Avvo's "Find a Lawyer" feature above to find an attorney who, unlike me, is licensed to practice in Kentucky.

My discussion with you regarding the question you posted on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is my response to your question to be considered legal advice. While I do my best to provide helpful responses given the factual scenario presented, proper analysis of any matter requires a more in-depth conversation than what is practical on Avvo. If you are a member of the military, or if an immediate family member of yours lost his or her life while fighting for our country, I am proud to offer a 10% discount on my fee.

Do we look under family law or lawsuits to locate an attorney?

Mickey David Larson

Mickey David Larson

I would look for a civil rights attorney.

Okee dokee! Thank you very much!!

Thanks for the help...but called everyone in the state of Kentucky and NO ONE is interested in taking my case! But still give you a thumbs up!!

Mickey David Larson

Mickey David Larson

Well thank you. I wish I could do more for you. Take care.

Professional ethics topics