Can we filed a lawsuit against cps in Kentucky if we live in another state?

Asked over 1 year ago - Frankfort, KY

The issue happened in Kentucky with cps. Yes, we do have grounds of suing them.
We have since moved out of the state due to harassment and fear of our children being taken away again.
Do we have to hold and maintain a Kentucky address to filed the lawsuit?

We are also looking for an Attorney to assist in filing a federal lawsuit against them. Want the paper work done correctly!
If you would be interest, Please let me know in your reply!
Thank You!

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Mickey David Larson

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes, you can still file the lawsuit. You can use Avvo's "Find a Lawyer" feature above to find an attorney who, unlike me, is licensed to practice in Kentucky.

    My discussion with you regarding the question you posted on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship,... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,181 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,181 answers this week

2,946 attorneys answering