Skip to main content

Can we claim our 19 year old son on our taxes?

Pensacola, FL |
Filed under: Tax law

We live in Florida, have a 19 year old son that is not in school full time, living at home, we support him 100%. Can we claim him as a dependent on our taxes?

Attorney Answers 2


You are entitled to a personal exemption deduction for your son, as you provide more than 50% of his support.

Mark as helpful


You can review the first three chapters of Publication 17 to see if you meet all the requirements to claim your son as your dependent on your tax return. P17 is free at .

Mark as helpful

Tax law topics

Recommended articles about Tax law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics