Can we bring our kids to our I-485 interview?

Asked about 1 year ago - Lehigh Acres, FL

We may not have much of a choice. All family members will be working and there is no way we are leaving our precious kids with a complete stranger. What would be the consequence? Would they not let us have the interview?

1. Sarah E. Blackwell

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . You have not mentioned how old the children are, but I assume they are under school age.

USCIS won't bar your children from the office and sometimes it can be helpful to have the children present, e.g. proof of your relationship.

As my colleague notes, though, sometimes you have to wait a while and children can get restless.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

1

Answered . Yes, but if their presence is not required, it is not recommended.

3. Irene Vaisman

1

Answered . they will let you have the interview, but it is frowned upon. try to find a babysitter. Also it may be a long wait and many CIS offices do not allow food or drink inside (not too sure about your district office) and the kids can get tired and restless.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.