CAN WE BE SUED IF OUR HORSE GOT INTO NEIGHBORS POOL WITH NO FENCE AROUND IT

Terre Haute, IN |
Filed under: Litigation

THE HORSE WAS BLIND IT WALKED ON THE COVER OVER THE UNDERGROUND POOL
ARE WE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DAMAGE OR SINCE THEY HAD NO FENCE ARE THEY IN NEGLECT OF DANGER

1. Yes, since your horse was trespassing on your neighbor's property where it caused damage, you can be sued.

Whether or not you can apportion fault with the homeowner is a different issue.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

2. The horse was owned by you. You no doubt know and knew that the horse was blind, thus increasing the possible dangers by its roaming about. The duty to control the movements of the horse lies with you. You, sad to say, bear the brunt - if not all- responsibility for the event.

3. Yes, you can. It is not your neighbor's responsibility to keep YOUR horse out of its yard. The fact that the horse is blind makes YOUR obligation to protect both the horse and your neighbor's even greater.

If we do not have a signed fee agreement I am not your attorney and this is not legal advice.

4. I am afraid so, Contact your homeowners insurance and report this potential claim.

Litigation topics