Can videos and pics on CD be sent to immigration as proof of bonafide marriage?

Cedar Rapids, IA |

My husband and I are going through the immigration process. This is a bonafide marriage but we are a little worried about the interview because we haven't been together for long. We live together, have a joint checking account, all of our bills are in both our names, and we are each others emergency contact. We haven't had our wedding or rings yet because he doesn't have a job and I'm a full time student so naturally, we don't have the money. Also I don't really like to take a lot of pictures but we do have a handful on our phones and the computer along with some short video clips of random little things. Will we be able to present the videos to immigration? Can we send CDs? I was told from an unknown source that cell phones are not allowed in the interview even to show pics, is that true?

If the CIS officer cannot put it in the file, or needs equipment to view it, it will not be accepted. Better to print any images you want to present.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Will we be able to present the videos to immigration? Can we send CDs? The Officer is unlikely to accept that as evidence

I was told from an unknown source that cell phones are not allowed in the interview even to show pics, is that true? Even if you brought your cell phone, it is up to the Officer if he/ she is interested to view the photos. Officer like to keep records of evidence presented. How do you propose he keep a picture on your cell phone in his file?

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

That's why I asked about putting it on CD genius. Thanks for your sensitivity.

You need to bring everything on paper.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Best to submit evidence on paper.

Marriage and prenups topics