Can victim get in trouble when we are still together and doing everything like there is no RO

Asked about 3 years ago - San Diego, CA

weve been together like there is no RO against me. so he gets mad and is threaten to call the police on me to violate me....we live seperate , we call and email each other, and do everyday things together. what happens in this situation were we have been together even though there is a RO....i know it sounds crazy ...and it is . please help

there is more to this situation, but just need the right answer on what to do and what can happen to me or both.

1. Richard Forrest Gould-Saltman

Answered . NO, the victim can't get in trouble; the victim's not violating the restraining order. It sounds like YOU are. Seems like a bad idea unless you like jail.

2. David Philip Shapiro

Pro

Answered . Last thing you want/need is a criminal case to come out of what appears (at this point) to only be a civil/DV restraining order. I'd also stop admitting you are violating a court order on such a public forum as avvo. Better to be safe than sorry.